Are you a fan of marzipan? Personally, I never actually called myself a fan. My mum, however, literally can eat bars of the stuff. This was more of an ‘accidental recipe’ overall. It was initially meant to be similar to birthday cake bites, but I had actually run out of vanilla extract and cashew butter at the time. No vanilla extract is such a horror for bakers I swear! In all, I was so impressed with these marzipan bites. I definitely think this was a happy accident as I love them more than I thought I would. Definitely shows you don’t have to be a mega fan to enjoy these.
I adore creating these weekly protein recipes to snack on at work. I always just to sit in awe of others who made these kind of things, thinking they’d be too hard. This really isn’t the case – they are so simple and only require minimal ingredients too.
So why not whip up a batch of these marzipan protein bites to help fuel your week? They also make great snacks to bring along to parties thanks to the sprinkle decoration. Both kids and adults will love these!
For something that tastes more like cookie dough, you could also try these chickpea protein bites.
Marizpan Protein Bites
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Small Bowl (for icing)
- Small scoop
- Spoon (for icing)
For the protein bite base
- 80 grams Almond butter Substitute: cashew butter
- 1.5 tsp Almond extract
- 60 grams Vegan protein powder Vanilla or strawberry
- 60 grams Maple syrup
For the decoration
- 30 grams Powdered erythritol
- 2-3 tbsp Dairy-free milk
- 4.5 tsp Sprinkles
- Place all of the protein bite base ingredients into a bowl and mix until a thick mixture forms
- Take a small scoop (or a spoon) and take 9 equal sections of mixture
- Use the palm of your hands to roll the 9 scoops into round balls
- Mix the dairy-free milk and powdered erythritol in a small bowl until an icing sugar is formed
- Use a spoon to drizzle the icing sugar evenly over the top of each protein bite
- Scatter 1/2 tsp of sprinkles onto the top of each protein bite whilst the icing sugar is still wet
- Let the icing set and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days
- Suitable for home freezing up to 3 months