Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
What is there not to love about cookies for breakfast? Especially when they are healthy(ish). Well, maybe if you minus the chocolate.
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking tray
- Greaseproof Paper
- 50 Grams Oats Gluten-Free
- 30 Grams Nut Butter I used smooth almond butter but you could use any nut butter
- 1 Medium Banana Over-ripened is best
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 50 Grams Chocolate Chips Optional
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius (fan)
- Mash the banana in a bowl. The more over-ripened it is, the easier it is to mash.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Take 1-1.5 Tbsp of mixture and roll into balls using your hands. The mixture may be slightly sticky so just a warning here. This is correct though. You could also use an ice cream/melon scoop if you don't want to get messy. Pop the balls onto the baking tray (leaving aboout 2 inches between each).
- Gently flatten the cookie balls using your fingertips and mould into circles.
- Place into the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy! I find these best served chilled.